Using a Tinytag
Tinytags are very easy to use, simply:
- Install the Tinytag Explorer software, then connect the logger
to your PC using a USB cable (or an inductive pad for some
- Use the Explorer software to set up and activate the logger.
During set up, you can add a description to label the data, and set
the logging interval (that is, the time between each reading is
taken), and set an alarm indication if readings fall outside a
- Once set up is complete, the logger is ready to use. Unplug the
logger and place it where it is going to record.
- To offload the data from the logger at the end of the period of
recording, connect it to the computer again and use the 'Get Data'
- Data is initially displayed as a graph, but it can also be
displayed as a table of readings, and summary information. Graphs
and tables can easily be printed, copied and pasted, or exported
into other software packages for report writing purposes.
Tinytag data loggers are guaranteed to meet the specification
stated on their data sheets for a twelve month period from the
point of purchase. If required, additional validation certificates
traceable to national standards may be purchased. These calibration
certificates can be provided at the time of purchase. Tinytags
already in use can also be returned for a service calibration at
any time, for a standard charge.
Next page: How to choose the correct
Previous page: Why choose Tinytags?
Go back to: Understanding Data