Manually installing drivers for USB cables and pads (Tinytag Explorer version 4.6 and below)
It is recommended that USB pads and cables are used with the current version of Tinytag Explorer (which will install and detect USB devices automatically).
The current version of Tinytag Explorer is version 5.0
If you need to use a cable or pad with Tinytag Explorer version 4.6 or below, please follow the instructions below:
- Download up to date USB drivers from our web site here: USB Drivers.
These drivers come in a zip file that needs to be unpacked before they can be installed.
- Unpack them to a folder you can find easily, and plug in your cable or pad.
- Go to your Device Manager.
Windows 7 Users: Start Button >> Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Device Manager
Windows 8 Users: Settings >> Control Panel >> Hardware and Sound >> Device Manager
Windows 8.1 & 10 Users: Right click on Start Button and select Device Manager
If the cable has installed correctly, it should be listed under Ports (COM and LPT) as a USB Serial Port with a COM number in brackets after it. If this is the case and Tinytag Explorer is set to automatically detect loggers and still cannot connect, please contact your supplier or email email@example.com for further assistance.
If the cable has not installed correctly it may be listed as a Gemini USB serial cable with a yellow exclamation mark next to it under Unknown or Other Devices.
- If this is the case, right click on the entry and select Update Driver (this will start a Hardware wizard running).
- Select the Browse my computer for driver software option and click Next.
- Point the installer at the folder the drivers were unpacked in and click Next (you may be prompted to confirm your agreement to the installation).
- Once the cable drivers have installed, click Finish.
- If the device is still listed with a yellow exclamation mark against it, repeat the above process once again to set the device up as a COM port (the installation is a two-step process, first installing the drivers for the cable, and then setting up the cable as a COM port).
When you have gone through the installation for a second time the device should move to Ports (COM and LPT) and list as a USB Serial Port with a COM number in brackets after it.
Contact Us >
Get in contact with us by email:
Alternatively you can call us on:
+44 (0) 1243 813000